Could Australia legalise recreational cannabis use while avoiding the same profit-driven pitfalls that have occurred with tobacco and alcohol?
In this episode, Sarah is joined by Professor Simon Lenton from the National Drug Research Institute to explore how Australia may go about legalising the recreational use of cannabis, learning from the commercial models seen in North America.
• Highs and lows of commercialising cannabis [04:31]
• Cannabis social clubs [07:44]
• The cannabis profit playbook [11:09]
• Reducing the risk of drug driving [13:58]
• Cannabis law in Australia right now [16:31]
• Finding the middle ground for legalisation [19:00]
• ‘Things are wrong with the system’ [21:51]
To discover more episodes: http://curtin.edu/t9hfy2